Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hudson is 1!!!

Hudson, you are ONE YEAR OLD!!!

365 days ago you came into my life and it has never been the same!!  We love you more than words and cannot begin to imagine our lives without you!

What you're up to these days -

* You weigh around 20 pounds (we don't go to the doctor until mid-July, so we'll have an exact weight and height then)

* You wear mostly 12 month clothes and a size 4 diaper.

* You are the most amazing sleeper ever created.  You take a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon and sleep 10-12 CONSECUTIVE hours every night. 

* You are an awesome eater!  You will eat almost anything, but especially love all fruits, Cheerios, and anything your brother has.  If we don't give it to you, you throw a fit.

* You love, Love, LOVE your brother!  You squeal when you see him first thing in the morning or after naptime, and you are never far behind him.

* You have blondish hair and bright blue eyes.  (yay!!) 

* You LOVE the dogs' water bowl.  This drives me CA-RAAA-ZY!!


* You are a climber!!  And you are into EVERYTHING!!!  You climb stairs like a champ - even though we don't have any; we find you perched on the end table multiple times a day; you can climb onto the chair in the toy room, but can't get back down; the (stone!!) hearth is a favorite perch.  I can't turn around without you finding something else to climb!


* You are the happiest little guy and can light up a room with your smile.

* You say "nuh-nuh-nuh" and we're pretty sure that means "no, no"; "ma-ma-ma" and "da-da-da".  Sometimes you'll make a "gah" sound - I wonder if you're trying to say Garrett.

* You give the best open-mouth, slobbery kisses!

* You've never taken a pacifier, but still love your fingers.


I remember wondering, before you were born, how I could ever begin to love someone as much as we loved Garrett.  And then, you took your first breath. 

I can't wait to watch you grow, and see the man you'll become.  But I also wish i could stop time and keep you little.  I can't believe how quickly the past year has gone and know that the next time I look up, you'll be turning 2.  I try to treasure each moment . . . the monumental, and the mundane.

I love you, Monkey.  Don't ever lose that smile . . . but just stop growing up so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment