Friday, July 1, 2011

One of those days.

Today has just been "one of those days."  No exact reason for the craziness...it just was. 

And because I'm sure that in 10 years I'll be missing my babies and wondering how I ever thought that these were the crazy days (because we all know that having a 13 & 11 year old will bring it's own definition of crazy), below is a perfect example of why, at 1:13pm, I'm praising God that both boys and both dogs are asleep as I sit here, still for the first time all day, enjoying some ice cream.  Out of the carton.

This is part of a conversation (instant message convo) with my sister.  I won't mention that she wasn't even still online (and hadn't been for 2+ hours) at the time I sent it....

It's only 10:19 and I'm already exhausted. I've made 2 boys breakfast, cleaned up the breakfast, made 2 pasta/macaroni salads for tomorrow, splashed boiling water all down my chest (with no bra on which might have helped guard the girls...which now look like they have leprosy);  G is in a mood; H has already had 1 blowout diaper in the middle of the kitchen floor(while I was elbow deep in macaroni salad!), pulled out 1/2 the toys we own, fallen off the couch 3 times, and french kissed Miles twice...that I've seen. AND he has a runny nose (??!) so there's snot all over my shirt already, and now - as I sit here on my ass typing this - G is standing on the coffee table with only a shirt on, swinging his pants over his head.  I have no clue what happened to his underwear. Or my sanity.


If I were still sane, I'd probably be mortified mentioning "the girls" online and erase it.  However, since I'm not (still sane), here it is for the world to see read.  Trust me.  There will be no pictures. EVER.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. It made me laugh just as much the second time I read it! ;) And BTW - there are very few things that ice-cream-out-of-the-carton can't make better!!!

    ReplyDelete