Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kisses

This post is solely for the memory...which I'm sure I will forget in mere hours.  Much like my very first blog post where there was growling involved, tonight I had a 'visit' from a different animal.

I was putting G to bed tonight.  Prayers had been said, books read, sound machine was on and lights were out.  I was laying - facing him, as usual - with my eyes closed.  I felt him move, but didn't open my eyes.  Until.....


I. was. licked.



From my upper lip up onto my nose.  A small, wet tongue slid up my face.  The following is our conversation.  {my eyes are now open, in case you're keeping track}

Me: G! Eww!  That's gross!  You don't lick me!

G: Why?

Me: Because we don't lick people's faces!!

G: But Miles licks my face.

Me: Yes.  Miles is a dog. And dogs lick.  People don't.

G: Woof-woof.


He seriously didn't miss a beat.  And I laughed for a good 3 minutes straight. 

I swear.  This kid's a comedian.



1 comment:

  1. Haha! I had to go back and read the first blog entry - and laughed again. And was reminded of when I was putting him to bed and he waited until I cracked my eyes to let out a Mooo and then started talking about cow-tipping. Crazy kid! ;)

    ReplyDelete